October 18, 2012

Homecoming 2012

I would usually post something like this on my tumblr but I might get bashed on so hard that my head would explode. Also I don't want to write forever so I will try to shorten this as much as possible (and try to make sense too.)

I don't seem to understand the sudden unity this school has this year for homecoming. Today the seniors got cut off because of the bell and we all cheered for the finale airband to play because it was the best for last. Ok. Everybody starts acknowledging the class president for her hard work. I get that. But why all the sudden love for the seniors like they're the best the school ever had? Why is this year so much more "unified" compared to previous years? What did this year's seniors do that were so much more awesome than other years?

It seems weird that just yesterday and earlier this week, the seniors and sophomores were hating on us for their own reasons, and then 24 hours later we all love each other, putting all differences aside and becoming one. There's so much "unity" going on it just seems fake and planned. I know the whole point of homecoming is to come together, but this year seems like there is way more competition and tension between classes.

Maybe I'm just sick of seeing all these posts about the seniors and all the people's attempts to see the end of the skit. It's only a few minutes, leave it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment